Tuesday, May 17, 2011

So Happy Together

Being home with my snuggly little baby was pretty much the happiest I had ever been in my life! Yes I was very tired, but I think more than anything, I wanted to go take naps with her just because I wanted to be with her for every minute of every day. And if I wasn't sleepy I was happy to just lay and admire my beautiful girl! People try to warn you and prepare you for the changes that happen when you have a baby, but in my opinion, there is no way to know just how much you could love this new tiny person with every ounce of your being. I had heard of the "baby blues" before and that your hormones can mess with your emotions, but I had no idea just how much this could really control me. There were NO baby blues for me! Instead, I was elated and experiencing levels of happiness and joy that I had never known before. Ever heard of a natural high? That was me. I felt like someone had slipped me some drugs because I couldn't even find a way to contain all this happiness and love. Tears came and went over and over any time I sat and thought of how blessed I was to have my little miracle home with me!

My mom took this picture of us on our first full day at home. I way laying next to her to get some rest when another little miracle happened right before my eyes. She had started on her back, but without any fussing or opening her eyes, she gradually rolled herself toward me onto her side until we were touching. I couldn't believe it! I called my mom to make sure there was some proof to this story. She accomplished this little by little but in the end she had rolled onto her side placed her arm on top of mine and then eventually linked her arm over mine. I had never heard of any 4 day old babies rolling over before! Apparently she missed our physical connection and wiggled her way over to me. My heart was gushing with love and contentment!! Whether or not it was something she really did mean to do or not, it made me feel so good as her mommy and I will never forget it. (Looking at pictures like these I still can't believe that her entire body once fit inside my belly!!)
Daddy daughter time! I had to give others a chance to snuggle her every once in while...:) Kyle holding her the day we got home! She really loved her Daddy-daughter time too. She would just sit and stare at Kyle and he would talk to her about anything she wanted to hear! Well, when he wasn't telling me what a cute baby we had of course. She was wearing a cute little jammy suit on the way home with a hat and all, but since it was SO hot out and our little apartment has no A.C., we took off all of her clothes just after we got home and let her cool down. She spent the next few days in onesies and tank tops making it that much easier for us to admire her adorable little baby squish!
First bath at home with mom and dad! I was so excited to give it a try and to see what her reaction would be. I also couldn't wait to wash all the oils out of her "baby duck feathers" soft wavy hair and see what it would look like all shiny and clean! She did great and we were so excited to see all the tight little curls that formed the minute it was washed. Such a curly head!! I loved it and thought it was adorable!

Kyle did a great job of keeping the "men" entertained while us girls were home-bound with baby Anabelle. Holding the baby is great and all, but I guess they need a little more entertainment in a day:) They rode the bikes down to the beach and swam in the waves! It was so fun having them here with me and we were so glad that Jared was able to fly in too to be with us for a few days!
Grandma Gibson was such a good helper!! I wished that she had gotten to the hospital a bit sooner to comfort me, but when she did make it, things just seemed to get a little bit easier. I think her most important job was comforting me when I got emotional over anything and everything to do with Anabelle:) On top of that she did everything this brand new mom didn't want to and more! Grandma and Grandpa had the shelves and freezer fully stocked for us before they had to leave for home. Gotta love that!!! It was really neat to be able to share this whole experience with the ones who had known my whole life how much this blessing really meant to me! I also thought it was so cute how adamant my mom was that Anabelle was REALLY smiling back at us! Not that I didn't agree with her. I am still positive that she was too!
Proud grandparents of their first grand-daughter!!:) We needed a break from the house and thought Anabelle was ready for her first outing so we went up to have lunch and see Kyle's school and it's amazing view! My dad actually thanked us for house break afterward:) It was beautiful and relaxing and the sunshine felt great. I was just a little proud as I had my baby out for all to admire for the first time. I just knew everyone would be as smitten with her obvious beauty as I was!

1 comment:

Aaron said...

Love all the pictures! I'm so glad everything has gone so well and has been such a joy. Keep the pictures coming! :)